Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Afternoon Freestyles

Another Friday!

And it's PAYDAY!

GLORY!

I don't know why I'm all excited. Most of that paycheck is going to bills, bills, bills.

And that's alright!

It's hard to believe that we are halfway through March. And even though it's sunny outside here in the ATL, it is still a bit chilly and windy. The current temperature is 37 degrees. The high today will be 71 degrees. You best believe I'm gonna leave the workplace this afternoon and go for a walk. I need to drink up some of this good sunshine.

Well, well, well... You all sure do like some Food-for-Thought posts, don't you? Thanks for all your comments. And you wouldn't believe the number of text messages and emails I got from the folks who lurk on this here blog. That post touched a nerve with a lot of folks. I think we all tend to think that when we are going through something, we are the only ones going through. But the fact is that there are a multitude of people who can relate to our issues.

There's nothing new under the sun. Be encouraged by the fact that there are folks that have gone through something similar to your ordeal, and they have overcome it all and gone on to do great things.

That post was a deluxe edition... no baby formula, you see. That was some strong meat. A lot to take in. But it did my heart some good, too. It always gives me great pleasure to sow some good words your way :)

That post came from about 30% of my convo that day. I might share a little more with you next week. Something on the subject of how to handle out-of-control emotions and feelings.  Hmm... Ya'll know I'm continuously working on my violence and anger management isshas, right? Your Oldgirl LadyLee has come a long way over the years. Still got a ways to go. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm in charge at work today. The Excellent Boss decided to take a day off. I was too O_O to throw a hissy fit. I gladly accepted the challenge. I hope she has a great day off.  Nothing like a three-day weekend!

As a result, I will be doing little work in the lab today. I am reading reports and watching movies. I have had to go in the lab to direct some prep work and answer questions, but that is all.

This week was interesting. Folks been all O_o about me getting some iron infusions done. Ya'll more upset than I am about it. And I'm not even upset. I feel just fine. I am a little perturbed that a half a point below normal iron levels in my blood is causing such a fuss with my doctor. She sent me to a hematologist to get some extra blood work. I went on... reluctantly.

I am glad I did. We went over my blood work on Wednesday, the day of this scheduled iron IV. Man... I learned sooooo much about blood. That post yesterday would have been 10 times longer than it already was.

I had 4 pages of blood work. 4 PAGES. What the world? We went over all of it. I can see why my immunologist sent me that way. She wanted to make sure nothing strange was causing that dip on iron count. Mind you, I feel fine. I wasn't all worn out and tired. But she wanted to check anyway. I am glad she fussed at me long enough to make me go.

Man oh man... there is stuff in the blood that I can't even pronounce. I was so intrigued by our whole discussion I almost hollered....

"I want to be a hematologist like you!"

(LOL. Can you imagine me going back to school? No way, man. I'm already a doctor. I will not be sitting in anyone's classroom!)

I was gonna get a book so that I could have an intelligent conversation with this doctor next week. But uh, those books cost around $350-$1200.

Uh, yeah. That is alright. I will just schlep around on wikipedia or somethin. LOL

I took some pictures.

There's the IV and saline in my arm.


There's my "iron juice".


There's the iron juice going in my arm!


O_o. Make ya'll good and squeamish by putting up extra large pictures. LOL

That was an interesting experience. It took 5 HOURS. Because of the lupus, I have to always do premedication type stuff before any procedure, no matter how menial it may be. I even have to do that before I go to the dentist. No one wants a chick experiencing a flare on their hands. Goodness. So I understand. A little annoying, but I understand. I have never had any issues. They were watching me like a hawk on Wednesday though.

After 5 hours, I was ready to go. I was giving the receptionist the hard sideeye when she told me to have a seat and she would get to me in a moment. I almost skipped out on her!

I ran to my car real quick. I didn't want them calling me back, lol.

I started up the car and the CD changer was flipping to a new CD. One of my favorite rap songs blasted through the speakers.



I know they had to be looking out the window and hollering "Who is that out there beatin' like that? Call the police!"

Yes. Lucy the Lexus' premium sound system can be heard all the way to outerspace. Yes ma'am. And that's GREAT!

I was long gone before the cops could run up on me for disturbing the peace.

Because I was hungry, you see. I hadn't had a thing to eat sense the night before. And it was 3:30 pm by that time. I'd been at the doctor's office since 9:30 am. Sigh.

I went to the Golden Corral and scored a vegetable plate!

That's a pretty good plate. I needed something red or purple on there, though. It would've been perfect then. Talk about something good, good, good! I couldn't even eat it all! I had the itis!

I arrived home just to catch some Judge Judy.  And a well deserved nap.

I don't feel much different than I did before the iron drip. Maybe a little increase in energy. But I was expecting to be fighting crime like Wonder Woman or something. LOL.

Hopefully this ordeal makes my doctor happy. I just want to keep kicking, stomping and turning cartwheels on a daily basis!

LOL

I am looking forward to a great weekend! It's gonna be quite lovely in the ATL. I plan to get out and run some errands and do a little walking and what not, amongst other things.

I'm gonna make it a good weekend indeed... ON PURPOSE.

You make it a good one, too.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:49:00 PM

    yes ma'am this is one "lurker" who enjoys your food for thought....I feel like I owe you a CO-payment for therapy sessions...LOL

    Happy Friday my therapist...I mean friend..
    Dee in san diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:51:00 PM

    LUV love LOVE paid in full....

    Dee in san diego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a therapist. No copayment necessary. We all trying to figure stuff out and move forward.

      Ma'am... the whole Paid in Full CD. Sigh. The soundtrack to my senior year of high school.

      Delete
  3. Blessings....
    Solution to pay day bills issue. Make yourself a bill and pay yourself as you pay the others. Problem solve so then you can treat yourself.

    possible solution to book cost issue, the public library! I found that i have saved so much by just accessing it, if they don't have a particular book/series i would like to read, i have them order it. Works well, don't know if they have that system there but it sure won't hurt to ask.

    Wow...iron, lupus, blood work, sure glad all worked out well and you have such a positive attitude about the whole poking and prodding thingie.

    have a fantastic weekend
    peace.
    Rhapsody
    http://rappingonamelody.blogspot.ca/
    http://rappingonamelody.blogspot.ca/p/guestbook.html
    https://plus.google.com/101099217204323189067
    http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://twitter.com/rhapsodyphoenix
    http://pinterest.com/rhapsodyphoenix/
    https://www.facebook.com/RhapsodyPhoenix


    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the post but those pics are scary! LOL

    You can NEVER go wrong with Paid in Full. Top 5 hip hop album of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady Lee I love my blood so much, I'd rather NOT see it.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!