Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy Monday Morning Freestyles

Happy Monday Morning to you!

I am feeling a little O_o. This time change, man. Bleeeeehhhhhh...

I think everybody is having problems. I drove into our parking garage at work and there were a lot of cars missing. It was only 2/3rds full. So I guess a lot of people took the day off to adjust.

I had a pretty good weekend. Quiet. I ended up coming to work for on Sunday for a couple of hours. That wasn't too bad. You would be proud of me... it was a favor to my coworker so he could finish up some things. I wasn't even surly about it. Glory! I am growing up!

LOL

Nothing much interesting going on. A lot of movies are shot around my job, and on the way to work this morning, I drove through a movie shoot. I don't think we get all excited about those things anymore. A couple of months ago, though, the condos next door were the setting for a movie with Morgan Freeman, Robert DeNiro, and Michael Douglas. There were a lot of stunt trucks out front. Not sure what that was about. Now, I was stretching my neck trying to see what was going on. I wanted Morgan Freeman's autograph!

Last year, Tyler Perry was filming on our block. I think it was the new Marriage Counselor movie coming out soon.  Blogger Mzinspiredmind wanted me to take a picture.

I found it in my phone.

That's as good as it gets, honey! I didn't see anybody we would know. There were 2 people fussing hard in that scene. I wanted to run up and holler "Stop all this here fightin'! Stop it, I say! Family shouldn't be fighing like this!"

LOL.  Cops would've thrown me to the ground quick!

Flowers. I bought some flowers for the coffee table this weekend. Whole Foods had tulips on sale for 3 bucks.

They look a little shy here.
But morning arrived and they began to open a little.
Later in the day, they were open wide!
How beautiful!

I hope they have another sale. Maybe I'll buy flowers for easter!

Video of the week. Outkast's "Liberation"




I LOVE Outkast. Love, love, love them. And we are all from that College Park/East Point area... That makes it even better.

Funny story how I first found out about them. The ex-hubby, who was my boyfriend at the time, came home from his security job down on Peachtree Street somewhere, and threw a cassette tape on the table.

"These young boys were walking down the street giving out tapes. They asked if I wanted one, and I told them no, but my girl listens to gangsta rap, so I'll take it to her."

I remember staring at the tape. "You always bringing home some ol' bootleg tape. I'll listen to it, though. Might be a good song on there that I can dub to a blank tape."

I listened to Outkast's SouthernPlayalisticCadillacMusik a few days later... and was blown away!

They have come along just fine over the years and really evolved since the early 90s!

Anyway, I love the "Liberation" song. I definitely keep it in my playlist.

Well, a new week is upon us. Easter will be here before you know it. I hope everyone has their easter dresses and suits together!

I'm going to have a good productive week... On purpose!

You do the same!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:33:00 PM

    Do you know why Outcast won't do a song together? I can't find anything out about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! They been rapping for 20 years! sometimes you get tired of lookiat at each other! LOL

      They each have different interests. No animosity, though. Sometimes we just grow.

      Delete
  2. I loveeeeeeeeeeeee those tulips!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they were a good deal at $3.33 a bunch. You can't beat that.

      Delete
  3. Those flowers are beautiful! I recently decided to buy fresh flowers for my dining table in the spring. Think I'll start with tulips. Yep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fresh flowers every now and then. Especially when they are on sale. And I know you like a good sale.

      Don't add the little mix to the tulip water. Add a couple of pennies. They need copper for some reason.

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!